General Education Plans
Location: SSB, 2nd Floor
Senior Office Assistant
|Monday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Friday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is EOP&S?
EOP&S (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) is a state-funded support program that is designed to assist qualified low-income and educationally disadvantaged students in completing their college goals with the assistance of financial and support services.
2. How do I qualify?
To qualify for the EOP&S program you must:
- be a California resident
- be enrolled in 12 or more units each semester
- have fewer than 70 college units
- be eligible to receive a Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW)
- be educationally disadvantaged as defined by EOP&S regulations
3. What is a Board of Governors Fee Waiver?
A BOGW is a fee waiver that pays the enrollment fees for qualified low-income students. This fee waiver does not need to be repaid. For more information regarding the BOGW, please contact the Financial Aid office at 818-719-6428 or visit the office in person.
4. What does the EOP&S program offer?
The EOP&S program offers services such as academic and career counseling, tutoring, transfer assistance, university fee waivers, and much more.
5. Can EOP&S help me with money for textbooks?
Yes--each semester qualified EOP&S students receive a book voucher to assist them in buying textbooks.
6. How can I get help with difficult courses such as Math and English?
EOP&S offers tutoring for EOP&S students. Tutoring sessions are weekly, one-hour, individualized sessions in a variety of classes.
7. I'm a working adult in the PACE program. Can a PACE student also be an EOP&S student?
The EOP&S program is open to all qualified students from high school graduates to working adults.
8. How do I find out about scholarships?
Scholarship information is available through the Financial Aid Office. Please visit the Financial Aid webpage for more information.
9. Can EOP&S help me transfer to a four-year university?
EOP&S students who see a counselor twice each semester and follow their educational plan are already on the fast track to a four-year university. EOP&S offers application fee waivers, transfer workshops, and an opportunity to meet with university representatives.
10. I never seem to get the classes I want. Can EOP&S help me get into the classes I need?
As an EOP&S student you will receive priority registration. Priority registration allows you to enroll in classes before other Pierce College students.