The purpose of academic advisement is to provide
students with the information and knowledge that is needed to make educated
decisions about the future.
Counselors can help you:
- Clarify your values and goals.
- Make an academic plan that takes into account your
personal needs and situation.
- Monitor your progress.
- Assist in understanding general education
requirements in preparation for transfer to a 4-year institution.
- Understand Associate Degree and
- Develop a student Education Plan (SEP) - also
required to maintain eligibility for financial aid.
- Evaluate previous coursework completed at other U.S. regionally accredited colleges/universities. Students must make an appointment for transcript evaluations.
- Interpret articulation agreements with other
colleges and universities.
- Become aware of support services available on
- Clear Prerequisites
Student Services Building, 1st floor
The Pierce College Career Center offers individual career counseling to
assist students clarifying interests, values and goals to plan a meaningful
career path. We offer assistance to students who need help picking a major,
clarifying career goals and exploring career options. You must be a currently
enrolled student to make a Career Counseling Appointment.
- Location: Student Services Building, 1st Floor
Phone: (818) 710-4126
Pierce College is the top transfer school in the Los
Angeles Community College District. We are a dynamic institution dedicated to
helping our students through the transfer process. Four-year
university representatives are available to meet with you and all Pierce
Counselors can help with transfer planning. Please use our Transfer Center
Website as your portal to transfer possibilities.
Short term personal counseling or crisis counseling is available for students
whose problems are interfering with academic, career and/or social functioning.
Students can access these services through the Counseling Office and the Health
Students can schedule an appointment or, in an emergency, drop by the Counseling
Office or the Health Center.
Student Services Building, 1nd floor
Phone: (818) 719-6440
Student Services Building, 2st floor
Phone: (818) 710-4270
- Explain NCAA/NAIA regulations and Eligibility requirements needed to
complete an AA degree and transfer to four year colleges.
- Assists in developing an Educational Plan
- Monitors students' progress towards completion of general education
requirements for DI, DII, DIII or NAIA schools.
*Please visit the Counseling Office to schedule an appointment to see Mr. Roberson.
Location: Student Services Building, 1st floor
Appointment Location: Mr. Roberson's office is located in Gym 5411A (go directly here during your scheduled appointment)
Phone: (818) 719-6440
Counselor: Joseph Roberson
View Athletic Counseling website
The veterans counselors in the Pierce
Counseling Office work in partnership with the personnel in the Financial
Aid/Veterans/Scholarship Office (Veterans Office) to ensure that you are making
progress toward your academic goal in a manner that satisfies the requirements
of the VA so that you receive your benefits in a timely manner.
To make your transition to Pierce
College, we recommend you follow these steps:
(1) Visit the veterans desk in
the Veterans Office(2nd floor of Student Services bldg)
where you will be given a packet of materials- some of which you complete and
some which you will complete with a VA counselor.
(2) Make an appointment with a
veterans counselor. Bring your completed paperwork and any supporting
documents such as transcript(s) with you. At this meeting, you will complete an
Educational Plan which involves evaluating your previous education to determine
if any can be applied to your current educational goal at Pierce College. Your
Educational Plan will specify which courses are to be completed on our campus.
The VA will only pay for the courses on the plan. The completed documents are to
be returned to the Veterans Office.
(3) Each semester after you have registered for classes have the Veterans Office sign-off on your schedule, signifying that the courses are consistent with the Educational Plan. You may do this by dropping in to the VA office.
You will only need to complete one
Educational Plan for the duration of your stay at Pierce. However, if you change
your educational goal you will also need to complete an new Educational Plan.
Pierce College Veteran Website
Are you in a
Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) major?
Meet with our STEM Counselor-
Location:Business Education 3222.
Click here to check for available appointments.