Phyllis Schneider, Director
|Monday||7:45am - 4:00pm|
|Tuesday||7:45am - 4:00pm|
|Wednesday||7:45am - 4:00pm|
|Thursday||7:45am - 4:00pm|
|Friday||7:45am - 4:00pm|
Children are enrolled for specific sessions, based on parent's educational or employment needs.
|Monday - Friday||7:45am - 12/1pm|
|Monday - Friday||7:45am - 3/4pm|
Admissions | Schedule | Fees
- Applications are accepted on an on-going basis. Application forms can be obtained directly from the Center.
- Complete the application fully and return it to the Center. Applications are kept on file for one school year. A waiting list is maintained and used if a requested program is full and openings occur during the semester.
We have a developmentally appropriate preschool level program, which is based on the Child Development model.
The average day schedule would be as followed:
- Arrival Time - Table top activities - child directed.
- Group Time - Teacher directed - work with concepts, music, movement, language, etc.
- Breakfast/Lunch/Snack - We are part of the Federal Food Program and follow all Federal guidelines for meals.
- Inside Option Time - Teacher and child directed activities are set out in the classroom - these include language, art, manipulative, science, cognitive, block building, role playing, pre-math and/or discovery activities
- Outside Option Time - Primarily child directed activities which include art/creative, large motor, role-playing, manipulative, small motor, sand/water and/or discovery activities.
- Group Time- Primarily teacher directed. This group time focuses on reading and language, but can also include books, flannel board stories, puppets, and/or finger plays.
Children enrolled in the full day program will take a rest/nap and later be served an afternoon snack.
- The fees for a student-parent child's enrollment are on a sliding scale, ranging from approximately $1.00/hour to $3.00/hour, depending on family income and number of dependents. Income level is verified at the time of enrollment. Community Tuition rates range from $1.00 - $5.00/hour.
- Our program offers subsidized child care for families meeting the criteria set forth in our State contracts administered by the State of California, Department of Education. Children must be 3.0 years old to be eligible for subsidized care. Eligibility is based on family income and number of dependents.
- The District establishes the fees for the entire semester.
- By applying to the Child Development Center, you are automatically considered for the State Preschool Program. No separate application is required for consideration in this program.